From Ex illis wiki
Armour (AR) is a value which represents the physical protection a warrior wears in combat. Armour dampens the damage taken when suffering a Hit or a Block. It is particularly effective against piercing weapons such as swords and it can reduce the damage taken up to 66%. However, heavily armoured warriors tend to tire faster and do not evade easily.
This value currently increases with Levelling, but this is expected to change with the integration of equipment. The current formula used is:
(gains 33% every 10 levels)
Units also have an Armour type which defines their Fatigue Rate and how much they will draw Lightning to themselves.
The unit wears no armour or a minimum of it.
- The Fatigue Rate is usually 100%.
- The Armour value at level 1 is usually around 12.
The unit wears solid armour such as chain mail or some armour plating.
- The Fatigue Rate is usually 125%, or 150% if mounted.
- The Armour value at level 1 is usually around 24.
- When Lightning attacks are performed in the same zone, the Bulk is multiplied by 2 for targeting.
The unit wears the heaviest of armour such as a full chain mail with helmet or a lot of armour plating.
- The Fatigue Rate is usually 150%, or 200% if mounted.
- The Armour value at level 1 is usually around 36.
- The unit tends to be unable to Evade, which makes it a good target for cavalry.
- When Lightning attacks are thrown in the same zone, the Bulk is multiplied by 3 for targeting.